Show some love…with heart-shaped marshmallows and some yummy hot chocolate!
The Book Before You Cook…
by Nancy Poydar
Summary: For Valentines Day, Ruby makes heart-shaped Valentines for her classmates. Although they are blown away by the wind, she later notices them fluttering through the sky for all those passing by to enjoy! Click here for a more in depth review.
When It’s Time to Cook…
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- red sprinkles
- Combine sugar, gelatin, and salt in a saucepan. Add water and stir over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Heat for 3 minutes more, remove from the stove & stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high speed for 10-12 minutes or until the mixture looks like a thick marshmallow crème.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 13x9 inch pan & chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or until the mixture has stiffened.
- Heat a heart-shaped cookie cutter in hot tap water & cut out the marshmallows.
- Fill a baggie with equal amounts of powdered sugar & sprinkles. Drop in the marshmallows and shake until coated.
- Enjoy your heart-shaped marshmallows with some yummy hot chocolate!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!