With all of the great "What's in the tub?" ideas Cindy has been sharing, I realized some of you might not know how to dye rice or pasta for manipulatives or sensory tub activities. Since this month's Transportation Sensory Tub had blue rice in it, it's a perfect time to teach you how to make it!
This dying method will work for Rice and Pasta. With all of the different pasta shapes available, just think of the possibilities!
- Rice or Fun Shaped Pasta
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Food Coloring
- Bowl or Gallon Size Resealable Bag
- Paper Towels
- Large cookie sheet/Plate
1. Place pasta in a plastic bag. (If dying rice, place in a bowl.)
3. Place a few drops of food coloring into the bag or bowl.
4. Close bag and Shake! (If you have a zipper bag your little helper could do this part!)
5. Pour your pasta onto a plate with a paper towel and let it dry!