Who needs to color with crayons when you can eat them!
The Book Before You Cook…
by Shane DeRolf
Summary: The Crayon Box that Talked is a fun, rhyming book how the crayons learn to live together. The book lends itself to further discussions about topics such as diversity, cooperation, manners, complaining, and working together.
When It’s Time to Cook…
- pretzel rods
- vanilla icing
- food coloring
- colored printer paper
- Break the pretzel rods in half and put the icing in a bowl (one bowl per color).
- Mix the food coloring into each of the bowls of icing.
- Dip the tips of each pretzel in the icing and allow it to harden. (Click here for a photo)
- Print the crayon labels from either Gourmet Mom on the Go or Cookin Up Crafty Fun onto colored printer paper.
- After the icing has hardened, tape the labels around the pretzels and viola, the cutest crayons you would ever want to eat!!!!
OPTIONAL: Rather than icing, you could make these using melted white chocolate or candy melts.
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!