blank
blank

Compassion

Monday, November 28, 2011

What’s in the Tub ~ Christmas

sensory tubs

Next month our theme at Totally Tots is Christmas.  Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.   

IMG_6532_edited-1

What’s in the Tub?:  Everything except the dried split peas and plastic container came from Michaels

IMG_6525_edited-1

So, what fun things did we do with the tub? 

  • The first thing Aiden did when I set the tub out was to decorate the little tree

  IMG_6560

  • we played I Spy ~ looking for different colors, shapes and objects

 IMG_6536

  • we read about The Symbols of Christmas

  IMG_6549

  • we counted the buttons and made patterns

IMG_6555_edited-1

  • we talked about baby Jesus being one of the greatest gifts God gave us, then Aiden and I took turns hiding baby Jesus and searching for him

 IMG_6539

  • Aiden loved playing with the nativity pieces

 IMG_6559_edited-1

  

What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots.   Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.

image

7 comments:

Beth said...

LOVE it! So many fun things to do =-) I wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties

I get so many ideas from your blog - thank you!
Beth =-)

rjmsurvance said...

Cute! I added to mine fake snow flakes, jingle bells, votive candles with different Christmas scents, holly berries, wrapping paper squares, snowballs, red/white/green pom poms.

In a separate Sensory Bin, I'll use our Little People Nativity to make a snow scene using shaving cream for some fun play time! :)

Bytesofmemory said...

oh man that is great! I think I will have to try and get a little tree on clearance after Christmas this year!

Cindy said...

Thanks! I love the ideas of adding the scents of Christmas!

Cindy said...

Thank you!  I always have lots of fun putting together sensory tubs.

Cindy said...

Thanks!  Michaels has little trees for 50% off.  You know you could always borrow our tub ~ which would be a good excuse to get together. : )

Julie said...

Thanks for the split peas idea...I was trying to think of something green without dying more rice....we love dried food items to run our hands through!