Next month our theme at Totally Tots is Christmas. Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.
What’s in the Tub?: Everything except the dried split peas and plastic container came from Michaels
- split peas
- small tree
- Christmas bulb buttons
- small paper mache star box
- poinsettia buttons
- cinnamon scented pinecones
- The Symbols of Christmas from Christian Preschool Printables
- small plastic Christmas balls
- star buttons
- gold star tree topper
- small nativity set
- Christmas buttons
- wooden ornaments
- small wreaths
So, what fun things did we do with the tub?
- The first thing Aiden did when I set the tub out was to decorate the little tree
- we played I Spy ~ looking for different colors, shapes and objects
we read about The Symbols of Christmas
- we counted the buttons and made patterns
- we talked about baby Jesus being one of the greatest gifts God gave us, then Aiden and I took turns hiding baby Jesus and searching for him
- Aiden loved playing with the nativity pieces
What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots. Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.