Summary: Grover learns all about being a fire fighter when his Uncle Grady takes him on a tour of the fire department.
Fire Safety Plan
I took the time to walk through a fire plan with my boys. Here’s a peek at what we did together.
1. I showed them where the fire detectors are, and what they sound like.
2. Showed them where the fire extinguisher is in the pantry
3. We practiced how to check the doors before opening them
4. Crawling underneath the smoke to get out of the room
5. Stop, drop and roll
6. Two ways to get out of the house
7. Meet up location in front of the house
If you’d like some great helps, the NFPA has a great site full of information for family fire safety! Be sure to come back next week and see some more fun to go along with the community helpers theme this month at Totally Tots.