blank
blank

Compassion

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Once Upon a Book ~ Boz's Pumpkin Party

Photobucket




Boz's Pumpkin Party
by Michael Anthony Steele

Summary: BOZ greets his preschool guests at a harvest party in his tree house. Everyone dresses up as their favorite character to celebrate God's gifts of the season and the love of friends and family.

Bible Verse

Younger Tots: "Let your light shine." Matthew 5:16

Older Tots: "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven." Matthew 5:16

Bible Song

I'll Be A Sunbeam
Kids Music Town

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
To shine for Him each day
In every way try to please Him
At home, at school, at play

A sunbeam, a sunbeam
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam
I’ll be a sunbeam for Him

Jesus wants me to be loving
And kind to all I see
Showing how pleasant and happy
His little one can be

A sunbeam, a sunbeam
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam
I’ll be a sunbeam for Him

I will ask Jesus to help me
To keep my heart from sin
Ever reflecting His goodness
And always shine for Him

A sunbeam, a sunbeam
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam
I’ll be a sunbeam for Him

I’ll be a sunbeam for Jesus
I can if I but try
Serving Him moment by moment
Then live with Him on high

A sunbeam, a sunbeam
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam
A sunbeam, a sunbeam
I’ll be a sunbeam for Him

Fun Halloween Games

Pumpkin Numbers ~ We play this game daily in our house but it would be a great party game too!



Need:

- Poster board to make your giant pumpkin
- Orange paint {if you don't use orange posterboard}
- Yellow poster board cut into eyes, nose and mouth. I used circles for the eyes, triangle for the nose, then cut 5 squares for mouth pieces.
- Number Cards, double sided sticky tape.

To Play: Have your child pick a number card and stick the correct number of mouth pieces to form the Jack O' Lanterns mouth.

Bean Bag Toss



Need:

- Beanbags or rolled up socks
- Pumpkin treat buckets or an orange candy bowl

To Play: Have your child toss the beanbags or socks into the bucket or candy bowl.

Pumpkin Bowling



Need:

- 6 small water bottles
- orange food coloring
- glue
- small pumpkin

To Play:

Fill the bottles with water and color the water with orange food coloring. Glue the lids on to make them less likely to leak! Set the bottles up into a triangle - 3 in the back, then 2 in the middle and 1 in front. Give your child the pumpkin for to roll and knock down the pins.

Another Great Book





Want to see what's coming next (and books we've done in the past)? Click here to see our Once Upon a Book webpage!


1 comment:

Sheena said...

My daughter loves that song. I never knew there were so many verses.