blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Now I Know My ABC’s ~ D is for Dinosaur

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done!

ten terrible dinosaurs

by Paul Stickland

Summary:Countdown from 10 to 1 as you read about 10 dinosaurs standing in a line that begin to push and shove each other and leave the line one by one. This is a great way to introduce the concept of subtraction to your little ones.

What You'll Need
  • Green foam sheet or construction paper {I used two different colors}
  • Scissors
  • Pen {to trace letter}
  • Googly eyes
  • Glue
To Make the Dinosaur
  1. Trace and cut an uppercase 'D' out of the foam sheet or construction paper. I used a foam sheet that was about 4" x 5" in size.
  2. Using the extra foam, cut out several triangles for the dinosaurs back.
  3. Cut out four rectangles to use as 'legs', an oval for his head, a neck and a tail.
  4. Glue the legs, tail and neck onto the back of the letter 'D'.
  5. Flip the dinosaur over and add his head, scales and eye.

2 comments:

Fun Family Tips said...

I love this so much!! My little guy will too!

I've linked: http://www.funfamilytips.com/?p=718

Tonya Hache said...

Awesome!
Our D week starts next week!
Your work is awesome that you're mentioned on my site :)

<3 Rockabye Butterfly
http://rockabyebutterfly.blogspot.com/