blank
blank

Compassion

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Once Upon a Book ~ I Love My Family

Photobucket




I Love My Family
by Mark S. Bernthal

Summary: The Baxters love BOZ. He's like family to them. They teach him new things. They invite him to play. BOZ is part of God's family too. And God loves BOZ.

November's Bible Verse

During the month of November we will be learning parts of this verse each week so that by Thanksgiving time your little one will be able to say the whole verse!

"Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His loving kindness is everlasting." Psalm 106:1

This weeks' verse segment: "Praise the LORD!" and add: "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good."

Family Memory

Get out the photos, some card stock and make up a memory game for your LO's to play.

Family Memories

Start a family memories scrapbook and journal. Take pictures and write memories of all your adventures as a family.

Family Tree

Print out this adorable Bear Family Tree and make your own to add to the Family Memories book.

Song Time
from DLTK site

(sing to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell")

Some families are big. (spread arms out wide)

Some families are small (bring arms close together)

But God made our families (point up in the air) one and all!

Some families are big. (spread arms out wide)

Some families are small (bring arms close together)

But God loves our families (cross arms over chest) one and all!

Some families are big. (spread arms out wide)

Some families are small (bring arms close together)

But God keeps our families (cup hands in front) one and all!

Want to see what's coming next (and books we've done in the past)? Click here to see our Once Upon a Book webpage!


2 comments:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I found your blog through the nomination and I cannot wait to start reading...looks great. I am a new follower!

silly eagle books said...

We have a really beautiful vintage book (that is probably out of print) called This is my Family by Howard F. Fehr, Illustrated by Aliki--I found it a Goodwill a few weeks ago and my daughter and I have enjoyed reading it together. If you can find a copy, it's worth picking up!