blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Know I Know My ABC’s ~ E is for Elephant

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done as well as links for upcoming books!

ella elephant
by Andy Hurwitz

Summary: This cute little board book comes with a jazz cd and has simple rhymes and jazz patterns to do with your little one.

The idea for this craft came from this post at No Time for Flash Cards. We added a tusk for our elephant though.

What You'll Need:

  • Gray or white foam sheet/construction paper {our craft stores only had white}
  • Scissors
  • Pen {to trace letter}
  • Gray paint ~ if you can't find gray paper or foam
  • Googly eyes
  • Glue
How to make the 'E' Elephant:
  1. Trace and cut an uppercase 'E' out of the foam sheet or construction paper. I used a foam sheet that was about 4" x 5" in size. Since our craft store didn't have gray foam, I used white and we painted it gray after we had glued it all together.
  2. Using the extra foam, cut out an ear and a trunk for the elephant. I used a little sliver of our white foam to also cut out a tusk for him.
  3. Glue the elephant's trunk onto the middle section of the letter 'E'.
  4. Glue on the ear and paint if needed.
  5. Add an eye and tusk to finish!

1 comment:

CET said...

I love the letter crafts! My daughter and I make them and hang them in her room,thanks for the ideas!