It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!
You See a Circus by Mike Downs
Summary: Your little one will be introduced to various members of the circus through the eyes of a child. The illustrations are gorgeous and the author is pictured on the back of the book ~ with his unicycle!
What You’ll Need:
- gray, red, and black foam sheet
- glue or glue dots
How to Make the ‘u’ for unicycle:
- Cut out a lowercase ‘u’ from a piece of gray foam sheet. To make the letters go along with the uppercase letters we’ve done in the past, this letter was cut from a piece of foam that was about 3” x 4”.
- Cut a large circle out of the black foam to use for the tire of the bike. Ours was 3” in diameter. Cut the inside of the circle out.
- Cut out a 3” circle from a piece gray foam. Cut ‘V’ shapes out of the circle to make it look like spokes for the unicycle’s tire. Glue or tape the spokes to the black tire shape.
- From the red foam, cut a bicycle seat and a small circle to use as the center of the tire.
- Cut two thin black strips of foam to use as a pedal bar and a seat bar for the unicycle.
- Using the excess gray foam, cut out small gray pieces to use as pedals for the pike.
- Add the seat bar and seat to the unicycle tire. Layer with the lowercase ‘u’ and then add the pedal bar and bike pedals.