It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!
I am the Music Man by Debra Potter
Summary: Fun book for little ones that has holes in the pages so you can ‘see through’ and see what instruments are being played. Book is set to a fun rhyme so you and your little one can join along.
What You’ll Need:
- black, red, orange, yellow, green and gray craft foam
- glue or glue dots
How to Make the ‘x’ for xylophone:
- Cut out a lowercase ‘x’ from a black foam sheet. To make the letters go along with the uppercase letters we’ve done in the past, this letter was cut from a piece of foam that was about 3” x 4”.
- Cut out bars for the xylophone using colored craft sheets. Have your bars vary in length.
- Make a small mallet to hit your xylophone using a thin piece of gray foam and a small dot for the tip of the mallet.
- Glue the bars onto the xylophone and the round tip to the top of the mallet.
- Listen to a real xylophone play at DSO Kids.