I made a felt board for my children awhile back and completely forgot about it. A few weeks ago I remembered it and the kids have been enjoying it ever since! So, I decided to share how to make your very own inexpensive felt board.
You will need to gather the following supplies:
- wood framed cork board
- felt (one piece large enough to cover the cork board)
- more felt (smaller pieces in various colors to cut out shapes)
- knife (a regular table knife will suffice)
1) First, lay your board on the large piece of felt and trace around the board (onto the felt).
2) Cut out the rectangle that you just traced.
3) Using your knife, tuck the edges of the felt underneath the frame of the board…as shown below.
3) Cut out various shapes from different colors of felt and let your little one get to work playing!
FYI: No need to add any sort of adhesive to the felt shapes because they will adhere to the felt board on their own!