Next month our theme at Totally Tots is transportation. Here are some ideas for you to use next month with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.
What’s in the Tub?:
- play sand
- small rocks
- rice that was dyed blue
- two pieces of cardboard, taped to the container to divide the play areas
- race track cut out of construction paper
- go and stop sign
- cars and trucks
- construction vehicles
My son helped me put our transportation tub together, and he had definite ideas on what he did and did not want in the tub! Once we had the tub put together we had fun playing. Here are some of the things we did:
- We talked about the color of the signs, and that green means go and red means stop.
- We worked on listening skills with the go and stop signs. I would hold up a sign and say stop or go and he would have to follow my directions.
- We counted backwards from 10 to 1 before starting a race.
- We practiced counting with the rocks in the construction area. I called out a number and he would count and pick up the correct number of rocks.
What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots. Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.