The Reading Ring we are making today is going to be made out of recycled environmental print using the front flap of cereal boxes, snack boxes, etc. I literally raided my recycling bin for this one!
- Gather the front flap of cereal boxes, snack boxes, etc.
- Single Hole Punch
- Book Rings
1. Cut the front flap off of cereal boxes, snack boxes, etc. (Almost anything goes here!)
2. Punch a hole in the top left corner.
3. Thread a book ring through all of the holes and close.
4. Place in your book basket for your tot to explore.
- Search for target letters.
- Search for target sounds.
- Count the number of target letters you find.
- Search for numbers.
- Add the numbers you find.
- Count the words.
- Read the labels.
- ABC Flashcards on a ring
- Number Flashcards on a ring
- Vocabulary Words & Pictures for Units (Print an extra copy of the vocabulary words from Preschool Packs, laminate, and place them on a ring)
- Family Names & Pictures
- Friends from Church
- Turning pages of a book
- Left to right & Top to bottom direction of print
- Identifying Environmental Print
- Confidence through Repeated Readings