Next month in June, our theme at Totally Tots is Ponds. Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.
What’s in the Tub?:
- blue rice (colored with blue kool-aid to make it smell good, hand sanitizer and blue food coloring)
- wet felted water lily (which were really easy to make)
- felted lily pads
- reeds made out of felt
- frogs and turtles toob
- dragonfly and spider from insect toob
- Safari duck
- Safari bullfrog
- letter tiles
- pond critters lampwork beads
- fish from under the sea lampbook beads set
- pond life matching cards from Pond Life Preschool Pack created by Jolanthe @ Homeschool Creations
- tin pal from Target dollar section
- small fish net
We used the lily pads for the frogs and turtles to relax on.
Aiden used the small net to catch the pond critters and letter tiles.
Then we match the critters to the pond life matching cards and spelled out the words with the letter tiles.
We also worked on counting the number of frogs, turtles and insects.
What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots. Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.