Baby Blue Bird Nest
Get a little messy making this yummy birdy treat!
The Book Before You Cook…
by Joyce Dunbar
Summary: Follow along as a determined little birdie flops and falls many times before learning to fly.
When It’s Time to Cook…
- wax paper
- cookie sheet
- Shredded Wheat cereal (grass)
- chow mein noodles (twigs)
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (mud)
- 1 c peanut butter
- chocolate eggs
- Cover the cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Break the Shredded Wheat into small pieces and melt the chocolate and peanut butter on low heat.
- Mix the “grass”, “twigs”, and “mud” together and then form three mounds of the mixture on the wax paper.
- Shape the mounds into nests and refrigerate until hardened.
- Add the chocolate eggs and enjoy!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!