Next month our theme at Totally Tots is Fall. Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.
What’s in the Tub?:
- Silk leaves ~ I wrote fall words on some of the leaves with a Sharpie (Fall, acorns, apples, leaves, pumpkins, harvest, rake, yellow, orange, and red)
- felted acorns ~ these are super easy to make! (Here is a great tutorial)
- decorative apples
- mushrooms (which are drawer pulls that I painted)
- acrylic mini leaves (I got mine from Michaels)
- acrylic mini pumpkins (also from Michaels)
- feline fancy buttons
- Indian corn (from our local farmers market)
So, what fun things did we do with the tub?
- We counted leaves, pumpkins and apples
- Worked on reading the words written on the leaves
- Pretended we were squirrels and searched for things to eat (acorns, mushrooms, Indian corn, and apples)
- Played I spy
- Worked on sequencing
- Put the acorns in order by size
What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots. Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.