blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ss is for Spaghetti ~ Now I Know My ABC’s


OnTopofSpaghetti

Summary: Using the classic children’s song, “On Top of Spaghetti”, Johnson weaves a silly storyline of Yodeler Jones, who is trying to create the perfect meatball. Great illustrations and a fun book, especially if you sing the words.
Theme Ideas:
cuttingspaghetti
I pulled out a ball of yarn and had my little girls start cutting up their own bowl of spaghetti. This is such a great way for them to practice their cutting skills. My youngest concentrated very hard on cutting her pieces just right.
spaghettigame
When the pieces were cut, I pulled out some pom poms to be our meatballs and our Education Cube for a counting game.
meatballcounting
My daughter would roll the cube and then place the correct number of meatballs in the bowl of spaghetti.
spaghetticraftsupplies 
After my girls get tired of the meatball counting game, I had them create a craft out of the game pieces.
spaghetticraft
We glued the yarn and pom poms to create a spaghetti letter S for their ABC notebook.
spaghetti_edited-1 Sshandwriting
Other Spaghetti ideas: * Get various types of pasta and have your child sort them by shape or size.
* Dye pasta and have your child sort by color.
* Make your own spaghetti and meatball meal.
* Sara came up with a fun spaghetti spelling activity that would go well with this theme too.
* Check out the Letter Ss is for Spaghetti Pinterest board for even more ideas.
Downloads:
Letter Ss poem and Spaghetti Craft Page
Other ABC Resources
ABC Printables from Homeschool Creations
Letter of the Week Curriculum from COAH
ABC Flashcards and More from 1+1+1=1
ABC Letter Crafts
Songs for Saplings ABC Verses

2 comments:

becky cunningham said...

Love this!!!!

Angie Schott said...

This is PERFECT for my little spaghetti obsessed boys. Great job! Thank you for sharing!