- Sensory bin of your choice (We used our rainbow rice because it was too cold to go outside to the sandbox.)
- Letters of your choice (We used letter tiles, but you could use magnet letters, scrabble letters, foam letters, etc.)
- Words/Names to spell (These could be mommy-made or use word cards.)
- Small bulldozer, dump truck, or other construction vehicle
Hide the letters your tot will need to spell the words you have chosen in the sensory bin.
Allow your tot to play in the sensory bin. As they find a letter, they can place it on the word cards.
Eventually, they will "build" a word. In our case, we built the names of family members on a letter tile page I made on the computer.
Other Books We Read & Recommend:
- Job Site
- The Busy Building Book
- Sky Boys: How They Built the Empire State Building
- Big Machines
- B Is for Bulldozer: A Construction ABC