blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Now I Know My ABC's ~ I is for Iguana

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up!


I Wanna Iguana
by Karen Kaufman Orloff


Summary: Alex tries to convince his mom that he should have an iguana...great illustrations and guaranteed to make your little one giggle!





What You'll Need:
  • Green and red foam sheet/construction paper
  • Scissors
  • Hole Punch
  • Piece of white paper
  • Pencil {to outline/trace letter}
  • Marker
  • Glue
How to make the 'I' Iguana:
  1. Trace and cut an uppercase 'I' out of the green foam sheet or construction paper. I used a foam sheet that was about 4" x 5" in size.
  2. Cut out a tail and a head for your iguana. Glue them to the letter I.
  3. Use the hole punch to punch out two pieces of white paper to use as eyes for your iguana.
  4. Draw claws on your iguana. We also used the scissors to snip on the lines and make them stand out more.
  5. Glue on the iguana's eyes.
  6. Cut out a tongue for the iguana and glue it on.

8 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Very very cute! I cant wait to use this one :)

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Love the Iguana! Too bad I already did inchworms...oh well, there's always next year ;o)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

I'm doing this today with my little guy. He'll love it!! I'll probably blog about it later this week. :) Thank you sooo much for sharing these crafts. He loves them, and I do too. So, I know he's learning, because he's loving it.

Blessings!
-Sarah

Carrie said...

I'm doing this craft next week with my class!! Can't wait!

Terri said...

Is there a website where you get your letter template or do you just freehand it? Thanks.

Jolanthe said...

I just freehanded them. :)

Kate Rosenberg said...

Very cute!! Always looking for a way that my little guys can stare/touch/talk about the letter while keeping their interest.. they'll love this.. Thanks!

Cindy_deRosier said...

I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your iguana! You can see it here:
http://funfamilycrafts.com/craft-foam-iguana/



If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a cute project idea!