Bagels are one of our kids favorite breakfast items, so these little critters were well received in our house!
The Book Before You Cook…
Look Out, Lion Cut! by Michele Coxon
Summary: The little lion cub starts to explore around her and meets many other animals from Africa.
When It’s Time to Cook…
- cream cheese
- grated carrots or Chinese noodles
- yellow peppers or sliced cheese
- To Make:
- Toast your bagel and spread cream cheese on the bagel.
- Slice the olives and slice the cherry tomato.
- Cut a crown out of the piece of cheese.
- Arrange the chow mein noodles around the outside of the bagel to make it look like a mane.
- Add two olive slices as eyes and a piece of cherry tomato as an nose.
- Sprinkle some poppyseeds as ‘cheeks’ for the lion and add a few more chow mein noodles as ‘whiskers’.
- Add the lion’s cheesy crown to the top of his head.
Hope you enjoy this cooking activity with your little one! To see more featured books and activities, click here!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a bi-monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!