Ever want to taste a rainbow? Some yummy rainbow pancakes might just do the trick!
The Book Before You Cook…
by Frances Barry
Summary: Follow along on Duckie’s colorful journey home, where she eventually sees a beautiful rainbow!
When It’s Time to Cook…
- pancake mix (or the ingredients to make your own)
- food coloring
- Mix up the pancake batter.
- Separate the batter equally into six bowls.
- Add food coloring to each of the bowls to make the colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- Cook the batter on a griddle.
- Enjoy eating your rainbow!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!