Next month our theme at Totally Tots is Birds. Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.
What’s in the Tub?:
I visited our local craft store, Michaels, a couple of days in a row and used 40% off coupons for almost everything in our tub.
- small clay pot and clay saucer (birdbath)
- small decorative birds
- large decorative birds
- wooden robin eggs (we painted ours purple, green, blue, white with specks and one gold egg)
- small bird eggs
- small bird nest
- bird and birdhouse buttons
- berries (which I cut off floral stems)
- small piece of blue felt
- branch from the yard (I stuck our branch in play-doh to stand it up)
I removed the wires from all of the small birds. The two larger birds I left the craft wire on so we could hang them on the tree branch.
The birdbath is made out of a small clay pot and saucer. I used the pot as the base of the birdbath and hot glued the saucer on the top. I then cut a piece of blue felt for water.
So, what fun things did we do with the tub?
- Dug for berries and feed the birds
- Hide eggs and searched for them (whoever found the golden egg got to hide the eggs next)
- Matched the birds and eggs by color
- Counted the birds
- Counted the eggs
- Made up lots of fun stories about birds. Aiden has quite the imagination!
What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots. Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.