ABC Floor Circle
Although the above looks like it may have taken a long time to do, in reality it took less than 15 minutes and all you need is some masking tape. I taped these while my almost two year old played next to me.
How to use your new ABC floor circle.
- Have child run around it. Call out a letter (or letter sound, or a word and ask for beginning or ending letter of that word). Child stops on letter called. This is a great way to burn energy on a rainy day.
- Pair with ABC bean bags (or foam letters or even ABC magnets if you don't have bean bags). Give child (or have him choose) a bean bag and have him match it to the letter on the floor.
- At circle time (because, you now have a circle for circle time) have the child sit on a particular letter. Practice sitting still on a letter. Don't wiggle over to the next letter!
- Stomp on the letter called.
- Point to the letter called.
- Have a sister call out the letters and show exactly where they are!
How else might you use the ABC floor circle?