Crushed Rainbow Ice
Enjoy a fun rainbow colored crushed ice treat on a warm summer day!
The Book Before You Cook…
by David McKee
Summary: Elmer, the patchwork elephant, and the rest of the animals are concerned when they realize that the rainbow has lost its colors. Wanting to help, Elmer searches for the end of the colorless rainbow so that he can give it his own colors. Follow along to see what happens if he gives the rainbow his own colors.
When It’s Time to Cook…
- rainbow colored drinks (for example: Gatorade or Kool-aid in colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- ice trays
- plastic bags
- clear glass or clear plastic cup
- Pour each of the colored drinks into ice trays and freeze.
- Place each set of colored cubes in a separate plastic bag.
- Use a hammer to crush each bag of cubes.
- Pour each bag of colored crushed cubes into the glass/cup in the following order: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, then red
- Add a straw and enjoy!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!