Pita Pocket Crab
Enjoy a yummy, crabby pita pocket for lunch!
The Book Before You Cook…
by Ruth Galloway
Summary: This is a cute little book about how Nipper the crab and his “clumsy” claws are able to save the day!
When It’s Time to Cook…
- pita pocket
- tuna salad or egg salad
- spinach or lettuce (optional)
- Make your favorite tuna salad or egg salad recipe and slice some carrots.
- Cut a small side off of the pita pocket to form the mouth of the crab.
- Scoop the tuna or egg salad into the “mouth” of the pita pocket crab.
- Place the filled pita pocket on a bed of spinach on the plate.
- Position the carrot slices around the pita pocket to form the crabby claws and the eyes.
- Enjoy your yummy, crabby, pita pocket lunch!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!