Next month our theme at Totally Tots is the Circus. Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.
What’s in the Tub?:
- green rice
- moveable animal erasers
- ribbon (for tightrope)
- glitter pom poms
- peg people (we painted these) ~ strong man, clown, tightrope walking girl, and the ringmaster
- letter tiles
- Read! Build! Write! circus cards from Homeschool Creations
So, what fun things did we do with the tub?
- Our peg people performed various acts such as tightrope walking
- the ringmaster helped the elephants roll balls
- we counted how many time the strongman could pick up his weights
- we counted and stacked lions and a tiger
- we counted pom poms and sorted them by color
- searched for letter tiles to spell out the Read! Build! Write! circus words
What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots. Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.