blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Now I Know My ABCs ~ P is for Penguin

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!

image That’s Not My Penguin

by Fiona Watt

Summary: Cute board book perfect for toddlers that has 10 pages of touch and feel pieces ~ a velvety wing, a silky head, a fuzzy tummy. Your little one will love it!

IMG_3407

What You’ll Need:

  • Black foam/construction paper
  • White and orange foam/construction paper
  • A googly eye
  • Black pen
  • Glue

IMG_3406

How To Make the ‘P’ Penguin:

  1. Cut out an uppercase ‘P’ out of your black foam. I used a foam sheet that was about 4" x 5" in size.
  2. Use the orange foam to cut out a beak and feet for your penguin {he needs to waddle somehow}.
  3. Use the white foam to cut out a belly for your penguin.
  4. Glue your penguin together.
  5. Add an eye {so he can see}.
  6. Finish off your beak with a little line to make it look more like a beak.

3 comments:

TaderDoodles said...

Oh gosh! I love this penguin! Makes me wish we hadn't already done the letter P! ohhh... we'll do R and I'll add crazy eyebrows for a ROCKHOPPER Penguin LOL

He's sooo cute!

Bible Hugger said...

so yesterday i was thinking ok - there has to be more to story time than just reading && youve shown me what it is!! THANKS! lol n e thing else u do with story time would be a big help to me :)

Amy said...

Fantastically cute idea! So creative!