blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Introducing ~ Sara

image As a former kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home mom, I have embraced my new role as mother to a toddler boy and enjoy exploring, looking for bugs, and making sound effects for things that go "vroom." I've learned more about God's grace and provision for my life in the past 3 years as we have transitioned from two full-time salaries to counting every penny and cutting coupons. My husband, Ray, and Jonah (3 years old) are my favorite people in the world! We're also in the beginning stages of the adoption process from Ethiopia.

In my "former life", I taught kindergarten in a challenging urban school with a large ESL population--half of my students did not speak English--forcing me to think "outside the box." I have a degree in Early Childhood Education (PreK-4th grade) and a master's in Urban Education. Here on Totally Tots, I will be writing posts for Once Upon a Book and Simply Made.

Away from Totally Tots, you can find me in the Happy Brown House crafting, baking, and finding the joy in the journey of motherhood. Most nights I'm burning the midnight oil sewing for my Etsy shop, Stitches By Sara to raise funds for our upcoming adoption from Ethiopia or networking on Twitter or Facebook.

Sara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome! Hope everything goes smoothly with the adoption process.