blank
blank

Compassion

Friday, January 28, 2011

Get Real with God ~ Conspiracy’s

Get Real with God

Have you ever been convicted of something or had a strong passion about something but never had the exact Biblical Proof to back up that conviction or passion? For example, when I was a teenager, I KNEW that I had to be a stay-at-home mom and have a houseful of children, but I didn’t know that the Bible spoke specifically to that until a few years later.

It’s happened again recently…I’m so excited to share with you the proof I found for another conviction I have!

“This is what the LORD says to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people: “Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it. The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread. He will be a holy place;for both Israel and Judah he will be a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall. And for the people of Jerusalem he will be a trap and a snare. Many of them will stumble; they will fall and be broken, they will be snared and captured.”

Bind up this testimony of warning and seal up God’s instruction among my disciples. I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion.”

Isaiah 8: 11-19

I have often felt the Holy Spirit gently tell me not to worry about the cares of this world. More specifically: end times concerns and governmental concerns and safety concerns. People try to suck me into conversations about the government doing this and that, what they are putting in our food, our water. God’s told me to trust in HIM-alone. But never before have I seen it so clearly written out in scripture. Clearly, specifically, even in words I can relate to in this day and age-Conspiracy. I know you hear them too, the latest one I heard about is “them” micro-chipping babies. Ridiculous! I could get myself all worked up since I’m having a hospital birth in a few short months, but clearly God is the one I am to fear and dread, not “them.”

God is so good, so sweet, so ever-loving to be completely clear about these things. You can read farther in the verse and see that there were children there too, God even knows how we momma’s worry about our children.

My encouragement for you today is to trust in the Lord, When you feel anxiety rising up because of events around you, turn off the radio, put down the newspaper, close your laptop and turn your thoughts toward God. It’s safe there.

“Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

Psalm 62: 1-2

3 comments:

Debalynn71 said...

Thanks for sharing that--it's just what I needed to hear, as I spend way too much time worrying over things like you mentioned. : )

Lovin' Life said...

Such a GREAT reminder. I tend to get sucked up in the what if's of this world. What a great post. Thanks!

Mobmomchris said...

This is a wonderful post--a confirmation of something God was speaking to my soul. I get so wrapped up in the worries of this world and most of it at my own doing (reading news, etc). If I just focus on what is right in front of me and what God has put in my own life that is what is important.
Thanks for sharing!