If you don’t have any snow outside, why not make your own yummy snowflakes to eat!
The Book Before You Cook…
Snip, Snip…Snow by Nancy Poydar
Summary: Desperately longing for it to snow, Sophie resolves to create her own snow by cutting out snowflakes. The book provides step by step instructions for making your own paper snowflakes.
When It’s Time to Cook…
- flour tortillas
- butter flavored spray oil
- confectioner’s sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave the tortillas for about 10-15 seconds until they are warm.
- Fold each tortilla as if you were folding paper to make a snowflake. Use kitchen scissors to cut shapes...just like if you were using paper.
- Unfold the tortilla and place it onto a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with oil.
- Spray snowflake with oil and sprinkle regular sugar on top.
- Bake the snowflake on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and then sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar or any other edible toppings you would like.
Little Books for Little Cooks is a monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!