blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What’s in the Tub? ~ Bear Sensory Tub

sensory tubs

For the month of January the theme at Totally Tots is bears and hibernation.  Here are some ideas for you to use this month with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.   

Bear Sensory Tub

 What’s in the Tub?:

  • dirt
  • cotton balls (snow)
  • paper mache den (directions at Along The Way)
  • momma bear and two baby bears (we have the Schleich bears)
  • pond cut out of light blue felt with small pebbles hot glued around edge
  • orange, brown and yellow fish cut out of felt
  • red and blue pompoms (berries)
  • nuts
  • pinecones
  • river rocks
  • small branch

Bear Sensory Tub

What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots.  

 Cindy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo super cute sensory bin! I love the pond!

Kara said...

What a fun tub! So creative!

The Activity Mom said...

So cool!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

Fun tub I starred in google reader. I have a new feature on my blog along the same lines called Habitat Discovery here is our first habitat Arctic: http://lettersnumbersandbooksohmy.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-feature-habitat-discovery-arctic.html

check it out and let me know what you think! :)

happy new year!

Katherine said...

Love it! I am bringing a sensory table into my classroom next week - don't know what to put in it at first though! I have seen so many great ideas for sensory tubs, so many great ideas, just have to figure out where to start!

Darcey said...

This is a great sensory tub! My favorite part is the pond. I've included your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-favorites-for-january-2-2011.html
Happy new year!

Alison @ Educational Creations said...

I love this .. I am bookmarking this for my Animals in winter unit!

Deb Chitwood said...

Great sensory tub and theme for this time of year! I featured your post at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

jennifer evans said...

great idea for sensory center, trying next month. I made a bears den using a shoe box, painted it and then inside a glued different items: crayon gouged out to resemble a bone, twigs, stones, glued sand to resemble floor, leaves and items from a potpuorri bag, plastic insects. I secured the top of the box and cut a hole on the side. The kids put their hand in and guess at what the are feeling. then they can open and look :)