blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Now I Know My ABCs ~ O is for Ostrich

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!

image

Safari Animals by Simms Taback

Summary: Colorful illustrations with big fold out pages make this an immensely fun book for little ones. Lots of animals to explore and identify over and over again.

 IMG_3240

What You'll Need:

  • Black and pink foam sheets/construction papers 
  • Scissors
  • Pencil {to outline/trace letter} 
  • Marker/Pen
  • Googly eye {or hole punch}
  • Glue

IMG_3249

How to make the 'O’ Ostrich:

  1. Trace and cut an uppercase 'O' out of the black foam sheet or construction paper. I used a foam sheet that was about 4" x 5" in size.
  2. Use the extra black foam from inside the letter ‘O’ to cut out a wing and a tail feather for the ostrich {see above picture}.
  3. Cut out two legs and a neck for your ostrich out of the pink foam.
  4. Use a pen/marker to draw a beak on your ostrich.
  5. Add an eye ~ I used a hole punch with white paper and then colored in the center of the eye.
  6. Glue your ostrich together and display!

2 comments:

Country Girl in the City said...

I just love your animal alphabet that I just discovered last week. I plan to start using it with by almost 5 year old and my 2 1/2 year old. Thanks for all the wonderful work you do on your blog!!

Sandy said...

I also love your animal alphabet. I just discovered it a month or so ago but have been using some of your ideas! Before I start a new letter of the week here at home I visit your website first for ideas! :-)