blank
blank

Compassion

Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Want to Be a Firefighter ~ Create a Fire Safety Plan

Photobucket

I Want to Be a Fire Fighter (Sesame Street)

Sesame Street: I Want To Be A Fire Fighter by Linda Lee Maifair

Summary:  Grover learns all about being a fire fighter when his Uncle Grady takes him on a tour of the fire department.

Fire Safety Plan

I took the time to walk through a fire plan with my boys. Here’s a peek at what we did together.

1. I showed them where the fire detectors are, and what they sound like.

 IMG_1852

2. Showed them where the fire extinguisher is in the pantry

IMG_1853

3. We practiced how to check the doors before opening them

IMG_1855

4. Crawling underneath the smoke to get out of the room

IMG_1857

5. Stop, drop and roll

IMG_1859

6. Two ways to get out of the house

IMG_1860IMG_1861

7. Meet up location in front of the house

IMG_1862

If you’d like some great helps, the NFPA has a great site full of information for family fire safety! Be sure to come back next week and see some more fun to go along with the community helpers theme this month at Totally Tots.

LaToya

No comments: