blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Get Real with God ~ High & Lifted Up


High and Lifted Up


James 4:10 NKJV says, “Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.” In John 12:32 Jesus says “And I, if I am high and lifted up from earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”

I imagine my life like being on the teeter-totter with Jesus. I press my weight against the seat and put all of my force into lifting Him up. He’s so high up that everyone around can see Him and feel pulled like a magnet toward His grace. I smile at the accomplishment, humbled by His willingness to be lifted up by simple little me. I’m amazed at the strength He’s given me to do the job of spreading Him to my world.

Just as I’m caught up in His presence high above me, He drops to the earth and sets His feet in the soil and He lifts me up with His grace.

Wow! He returns the favor and we go back and forth exalted, humbled. That’s the way life should be. It’s an ongoing act of surrender and reward.

Watch a child play on a teeter-totter and you’ll see a joy of taking turns. They have a complete satisfaction whether in the air or resting on the ground.

I want to be exalted by God and I’m willing to be made less to see Him glorified to all men.

Motherhood is one of these acts.

Sometime the diapers, dishes, and daily grind of Motherhood leave me feeling unimportant and somehow less valuable. My act of serving my family isn’t unimportant to God though. My love and care for them points my family to God and lifts Him up. Then God trades up and He exalts me. He lifts me up when I’m tired and He shows me off. I’ll stay on this ride forever.

No comments: