blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Get Real with God ~ When My Head is Spinning


When My Head Is Spinning

I hate merry-go-rounds. I avoid them at all costs. One quick twirl will send my stomach into knots that far out way any potential thrill. I hate to be dizzy. I can’t stand the lack of control.

Any dancer can tell you how to avoid this tummy upset. You set your eyes on something prior to the spin and “spot” as your head turns. I know this trick from my time in ballet classes, but even there I couldn’t seem to keep my focus through the spin.

Remember the head spinning, nauseating feeling of birth? Remember the focal point that centers the room and your mind until the last push and the beautiful sound of the crying baby?

When your head is spinning it’s easy to draw inward. It’s natural to shut your eyes and will the spinning to stop, but it rarely works. We need to have focus.

When our world is spinning and the issues we face are dizzying we have to set our eyes on our focal point, the only one who can stop the spinning and steady us- Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 45:22 NKJV says, ”Look to me and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.”

I crave, and pray for, the resolve to set my eyes on Him. I strive to focus on Him and never flinch when my head is spinning.

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

Oh, Heather, I hear you! Not only about avoiding motion sickness...but keeping our focus on Jesus!

Jen said...

"...there is no other." That is what spoke to me from the verse. Thank you, Heather.