blank
blank

Compassion

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tot Food ~ What's on YOUR Tot's Plate?

I am a slacker and don't have any great photos this week...but I did make another GREAT thing out of this wonderful book...The Coconut Oil Miracle.

I gave the Blueberry Muffins a try and we all LOVED them! Here's the wonderfully healthy recipe...
  • 1/2 C lukewarm water
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 C honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil
  • 1 1/4 C whole-wheat flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 C fresh blueberries (or other berry)

Preheat to 400, mix wet stuff, mix dry stuff seperately. Add dry to wet, then fold in blueberries. Put in greased muffin cups, bake 15 minutes! Makes 12

I made these thinking we could eat them for breakfast, except we gobbled them up that night! Krash even snuck a THIRD one off the table while I wasn't looking! Talk about success!

Please add any tot-food type links. You can share your tot's plates, share a favorite tot recipe, or share your favorite healthy tot snacks. You are welcome to add your "What's on Your Tot's Plate" link anytime between now and Monday. We will put up a new Mr Linky each Tuesday. Please link directly to your Tot Food post and provide a link back to Totally Tots! You can right click and copy the graphic at the top of this post if you would like to use it in your post. You certainly don't have to, but are welcome to.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Posting mine soon - yum they are delicious!

We have enjoyed many recipes from that book!

Speaking of books - mine is now for sale! Praising God for all that He did to get it finished!

Love you,
Jill

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment Carisa. By the way, Target's plates are awesome! What tot in America doesn't have those cool plates??? Oh, and we will definitely be trying the Blueberry Muffins. They sound yummy and I've never used Coconut Oil before...what part of the grocery store would that be in (I'm assuming the oil section, but you never know).

Carisa said...

I got my coconut oil at Wegmans in the organic/natural food section, although I guess they have it at Whole Foods and such. I am not sure if they have it at normal gorcery stores. The price online is actually better than what I paid at Wegmans, I will be ordering it from now on!

;) Carisa

Laura said...

Mmm, the muffins sound great. We will be trying them soon. It's always great to have a quick and healthy snack idea.

Jenny said...

Oops, I didn't mean to leave "reward sticks" on my name link. I've been trying to use more coconut products lately, but I haven't baked with coconut oil yet or read this book - I'll have to check it out. Love your blog!

Kimberly said...

OOO! Sounds like I'll be adding this to baking day tomorrow!

Mama Jenn said...

Thanks for mentioning the book. I just put it on hold at the library! I have heard quite a bit about coconut oil and I want to learn more. I used it on my belly when I was pregnant with all my munchkins, but I am just finding out that you can actually use it for cooking. Now my curiousity has been peeked!

Unknown said...

We totally tried out your Muffin Recipe! We didn't put blueberries because the kids already ate them by the time we made the muffins. So we put 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. Check out my site under the Recipe Category. Thanks for sharing!