blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Get Real with God ~ Safe on the Slide


Safe on the Slide


It is amazing to me how fast I can maneuver around a slide when my little ones are on it. I’m right there climbing up the ladder steps providing a shield from the ground below, but as soon as the little tush is seated I fly down and rush to the bottom of the slide with my arms ready to catch and hug my little adventurer.

God does the same thing. It never fails. I find Him at the peaks of my life providing a shield for me. He guards me from my pride when I’m feeling on top of the world. He keeps me focused and prevents me from feeling overwhelmed by the climb. He blocks my eyes from the fear of the steap incline and he keeps me safe. In the valleys and low places of my life He’s waiting at the bottom, cheering me on. His arms are ready to embrace me and His hands lead me around to the other side to climb the steps again.

He never leaves me, and you can count on the fact that He will never leave you either.

Sometimes my eyes deceive me. Just like a child standing before a playground slide, my eyes get big at the sight of the enormous climb and the depth of the drop. My mind is so psyched that it’s hard to trust and I forget His presence.

Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV says, “Be Strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalm 9:10 NKJV says, “And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.”

After a while a child begins to relax and trust the parent to move into the places that provide security. That’s what I strive for in my walk with God. I want to expect His presence in all of the ups and downs of my life. I don’t want to hesitate when the mountains I face seem exhausting. I want to remember Him at the top and trust Him to wait for me at the bottom. He’ll never leave me, or you. Isn’t it amazing?


No comments: