The Book Before You Cook…
The Pizza That We Made by Joan Holub
Summary: Make a pizza of your own along with Suzanne, Max and Jake!
Our kids love helping to make their own pizzas. Sometimes we’ll do it simple by using English muffins or pita bread and othertimes we like to make our own dough! Pizza of ANY kind is always loved!
When It’s Time to Cook…
- 6 pita pockets
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese
- 4-8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- vegetables for toppings ~ your favorites!
- Note: There is also a recipe for making a yeast-based pizza dough and sauce in the book. :) You can make it as simple as you’d like!
- To Make:
- Mix the tomato sauce with the oregano, basil and garlic powder.
- Lay out the pita pockets and top with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Add your favorite veggies or pepperoni ~ we like to make faces with our veggies!
- Bake at 425 for about 8 minutes, or til cheese is lightly browned.
Hope you enjoy this cooking activity with your little one! To see more featured books and activities, click here!
Little Books for Little Cooks is a bi-monthly feature that focuses on creating some edible fun with your little one. We will share a fun book to read with your little one along with a cooking activity to do that ties in with the featured book. Sometimes there may be actual cooking involved…and sometimes just fun!