blank
blank

Compassion

Monday, April 6, 2009

Bible Bites ~ The Resurrection-Week 1


Celebrate Jesus' Resurrection from the Dead
The Bread: Matthew 28: 1-10 and John 20: 1-10

The Bite: "Jesus is not here, for He has risen, just as He said!"

The Believing:

Some of my most influential childhood Easter memories involve the re-enactments that we would perform at school. I can still remember being one of the women who anxiously brought precious burial spices to the tomb, only to learn from an angel that Jesus had risen from the dead! I remember trying to run in my long robe back to "the disciples", tossing my no-longer-necessary spices to the ground in my haste.
This Easter, let's help our tots understand the glories of the Resurrection by re-enacting that historical grave-scene with them. First, play the parts of Peter and John, racing to the tomb, only to find an empty grave! (Check out the great race in John 20: 3-4.) Then, play the parts of the women, diligently carrying brimming beautiful bottles of oils and spices. If you are able, enact the role of the angel announcing, "Jesus is not here, for He has risen, just as He said!" Help your tot to play the part of the angel, too. Hide those glorious words in his/her heart; hear them spill out of his mouth: "He has risen, just as He said!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Looking forward to reading some stories with the children this week about the Passover and His resurrection!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Lisa Grace said...

As a child, I loved shouting "He is Risen!" This year, now that I'm an old child (go ahead and laugh, but I am NOT growing up!), I seem to be drawn to the second half of those words: "Just as He said." I am going to focus with Princess and Lil Man on knowing that if God has said He will do it, He will. He always does things, JUST AS HE SAYS. Thanks for blessing us through your blog here; it's become one of our favorite places to visit!