The Cross in the Egg by Shirley TaylorSummary: Having met Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and followed him to Jerusalem, Rabbit experiences the wonder of the Resurrection and gives away colored eggs to remind children of the gift of eternal life.
Crayon Resist Cross:
- Oval Piece of Painting Paper
- Crayon to match your paper
- Watered Down Paint
- Cut out your Paper into a large oval egg shape
- Draw a cross on the egg with a crayon
- Water down your paint (we used purple but use any color or colors you want)
Let dry and Hang up for all to see! it makes LO's so happy to see their art up and showcased!
The Cross in the Egg (Easter Egg Dye)
- 1 TBSP of food coloring/paste
- 2 TBSP of vinegar
- Hard boiled Eggs
- White Crayon
- Draw a cross like in the book on as many or as few as you would like
- Make up your dye for each color you want:
1 TBSP of food coloring
2 TBSP of vinegar
Enough water to fill the cup up half way
- Have LO stir to mix it all up!
- Have LO place the egg in the colored dye the longer it sits the brighter the egg
- You can use store bought kits too I just love the bright vibrant colors you get using the old vinegar and food coloring method!!
- Take out and show your LO the cross in the egg!
Jesus Loves Me with Egg Shakers:
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Items to place in the egg
- Open plastic egg and make sure to plug any holes with glue and let dry
- Once glue is dry place the item or items you picked in the egg pairs!
- Glue the egg shut and tape around the seam for added closure
Sing Jesus Loves Me song and let your LO shake their egg shakers to the tune!