blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Did You Know ~ What do YOU Want to Know?

All of our writers for Did You Know have had a rough couple of weeks; due to health issues, life issues, and various other things. We decided to take the week off as a team but are in the planning stages for the next several posts! We'd like to share with you what we are thinking and get your feedback to about what YOU would like us to write about.

Here's what is already on the future agenda:
  • Skin Care-follow posts to the first one
  • Cleaning Products
  • Fruit Juice
  • Healthy Fats and Salts
  • Sleep and Quiet Time

What else would you like to see added to the list, or which topics listed are you most interested in learning more about? This will help us plan ahead and determine the order of the upcoming posts too! Please leave us any feedback in the comments!

7 comments:

Annette W. said...

I have learned a lot about Omega 3 supplements recently. After a discussion with my daughter's doctor, we are going to go ahead and start supplementing. For our 2 yo with a speech disorder, we know this has great potential.

I also want to add that I am not person that typically uses things like supplements (other than daily vitamin) bc they are not regulated by the FDA. But maybe this could be something to teach us about...

Unknown said...

I'd love to see something on artificial colors in foods, and it's effects on children.

Satsuki Rebel said...

Didn't fruit juice already get knocked around in the water post? I'm not sure I'd like to read another post along those lines again, at least not if it's going to bash it.

I would love to hear a comparison of bug sprays for kids though- what works and what doesn't, what's healthy.

I second the artificial food coloring comment.

I'd also like to hear more about hormones in food- how to avoid it and the effect it has.

Sheena said...

I'm new to your site and really love all of the great info. Out of the list my biggest problem with my almost three year old is sleep and quiet time. I just had another baby recently and need all of the sleep I can get. Anything you can offer would be great to read.

Ticia said...

Another great one, somewhat related to the bug spray one is sun screen. What's a great sun screen to use?
The sleep time is useful, my boys are aging out of naps sometime soon.

Becca said...

I would like to hear about cleaning products. Thanks

Lisa Grace said...

Sleep and quiet time are good, as are the artificial coloring issues. Another thing I am working on is composing a weekly menu that includes healthy snacks for my kids that helps me make sure that each day their bodies are getting everything they need; any suggestions along those lines are welcome, too. I'm really enjoying your site!