Life In a Pond by Allan FowlerSummary: Introduces the animal and plant life in and around ponds.
Popsicle stick dragonflies:
- Popsicle sticks
- Aluminum Foil
- Cut out the wings from your foil each dragonfly needs 2 sets
- Glue the wings to the stick ( have them overlap some so the stay on)
- Set your Popsicle stick on to some wax paper and let your LO glue pompoms on the stick for the body over the wings so the whole stick is covered
- Let dry
- When dry apply glue to the back of the stick (i used hot glue but a super glue would work) and glue to the pond (if you use regular glue you will have to hold it or position it where a clothespin can clip and hold it there till the glue dries)
1 one little, 2 two little, 3 three little dragonflies
4 four little, 5 five little, 6 six little dragonflies
7 seven little, 8 eight little, 9 nine little dragonflies
Flying through the air.
Flight of the Dragonfly:
- Classical and other various types of music
- your tot
- Put on the radio or a mixture of cd's and have them run around and act like flying dragonflies to the music (you run around too do show them to dance slow to slow music fast to fast etc....) Flight of the Bumblebee is great music for this!!
MAY Theme of the Month: FARMS!!!
Supplies needed for the first and main activity: White Foam board, Green and Blue Paint, a small mailing box or tissue box (empty), round small pringles container (empty) Glue (opt) :
For the first activity that will will build a Farm Play board and add to it each week in May!