blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Did You Know ~ Skin Care Part 2

Natural Skin Care Continued…

Thanks so much Carisa for the great post on Skin Care from last week, as well as for the great resources. I thought I would share some products that I have come to love. For example, I really really love the California Baby line.


They have shampoos, lotions, and sunscreen. They can be found at natural food stores, such as Whole Foods, as well as at Target. Compared to some other organic or natural brands, they are quite reasonably priced. I looked them up on Carisa’s great link (Skin Deep) from last week, and their products rate very low on hazardousness.

Little Twig and Weleda are other lines whose baby products I love.

A product that might be great for the rest of the family, because it is very reasonably priced is the 365 Everday Value line from Whole Foods. Whole Foods sells 365 Everyday Value Shampoos, Conditioners, Body Lotions and Shower Gels in 16 oz or 32 oz sizes of mint, citrus grapefruit, lavender, and unscented. We usually buy the 32 oz sizes, which last us quite a while and cost under $4! I really love those products for myself and my husband. Last year the shampoo earned “America’s Healthiest Beauty Award” from Health magazine. Each product found in the Whole Body department at Whole Foods is carefully evaluated and never tested on animals. The products do not contain ingredients such as parabens, polypropylene and polyethylene glycols, sodium lauryl and laureth sulfates.

Also, stores, such as Target or Trader Joe’s more and more offer organic skin care products, such as hand soaps, lip balm, lotions, shampoos, conditioners etc. They are starting to be more reasonably priced as well, so this is definitely something to look into on your next shopping trip. I just bought the Nature's Gate Organic hand soap from Trader Joe’s (also available at Whole Foods), which I really like.

Please see our Did You Know ~ disclaimer here.