blank
blank

Compassion

Monday, August 31, 2009

Get Real With God ~ Proverbs 31


Lately I have been getting real with God in a very mighty way. Any of you who have really explored the Proverbs 31 woman know what I mean!

I struggle with most personal Bible studies. I have tried many and I just could never seem to find the perfect fit. Something that was both challenging in character areas but also challenged me in the area of Bible knowledge. I have had studies that were SO overloaded with Biblical knowledge, I wore myself out with it and there wasn't much left for personal growth. On the other hand I have done studies that were focused on just personal growth, which is great, but didn't give me the deeper study of scripture that I long for.

Finally I found an author that writes personal Bible studies that are right up my alley...Elizabeth George. On a whim I ordered her guides for Proverbs 31 and Philippians. They sat on my shelf for awhile and finally I decided to give Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman: Proverbs 31 a try.

Within 1 lesson I was hooked. It is everything I personally love in a Bible study. I have to dig deep into scripture, and deep into myself. I can also easily complete a lesson or 2 each day without any problem. This book takes Proverbs 31: 10-31 apart, verse by verse. I have always studied Proverbs 31, and thought I was very familiar with it, and still I am learning so much.

I am working on memorizing the entire thing and am about half way through without looking ;). Memory work is not my strong suit, but I know it is so important to hide God's word deep in my heart and brain!!!!

I highly recommend this study to anyone ready to be challenged as a woman. As I finish my study up, I will try to share more about how it has really rocked me. Will you let Proverbs 31 ROCK YOU?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post and photo of you!

It is wonderful to dig into His word and allow it to mold us and shape us into the women and Mom's He is calling us all to be!

Love and blessings,
Jill

TheLab said...

Oh my gosh, you described my desires for a Bible study PERFECTLY. It's precisely what I crave - personal growth with serious scripture study. I've only found it in Precept studies, and am now very excited to look into the book you've suggested! Thank you!

Sandra said...

I often do Elizabeth George books with my Sunday School class! We also liked her books on Esther, Mary and 1 Peter.

Madonna said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you reviewed this book because I have been looking for a Proverbs 31 studying! I saw this book online, but I was going to ask around to see what people thought about it before I purchased it! I have never read any of Elizabeth George's studies. Thanks.