blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Now I Know My ABC’s ~ p is for parrot

  It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!

image

If You Were a Parrot by Katherine Rawson

Summary: Beautifully illustrated book that will help your child imagine what life would be like if they were a parrot.

p is for parrot craft

What You’ll Need:

  • red and yellow foam sheet
  • colored feathers
  • wiggly eye
  • scissors
  • glue/tape

parrot craft

How to Make the ‘p’ for parrot:

  1. Cut a lowercase p from a piece of red foam sheet. We used a piece that was 2” x 4” so that it would match our uppercase letter crafts.
  2. Cut a beak for the parrot out of yellow foam.
  3. Glue or tape the feathers to the backside of the lowercase p.
  4. Glue or tape the beak onto the parrot.
  5. Add a wiggly eye.
  6. Squawk like a parrot just for fun!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love your site and all of the inspiring projects and activities! In fact, I just passed an award on to you! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/09/pinching-pennies-and-blog-awards.html

Erin said...

I love this idea! I am teaching the letter P next week, and my students will love this! Thank you!

Louanne said...

this is adorable!

Abby Johnson said...

Love this craft! I'm borrowing the idea for my jungle-themed storytime this fall at my library!