blank
blank

Compassion

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crafty Corner ~ Cookie Cutter Painting

While thinking about this craft in advance I decided it would be a good idea to use large sheets of poster board. Why?? It gave Spice (age 2 1/2) more room to paint and when we were done I cut the poster into smaller rectangles, so that we can share the art with grandparents. So, if you rater use construction paper that will work too!

Materials Needed
  • Cookie cutters
  • Paint (we used red, pink, and purple)
  • Glitter
  • Poster Board
  • Paper Plates
  • Scissors (optional)
  • Hot Glue Gun (optional)
  • Ribbon (optional)

First I prepared the craft by putting the paint on paper plates. We used three colors and three different sizes of cutters. I spread the paint around a little with the cutters. Spice dipped the cutter into the paint and then onto the poster. We had lots of room with the poster, which was nice; I even joined in on the fun. (She even used her hands a bit!) After painting was complete we sprinkled glitter onto our project. After it was dry, I cut the project into rectangles and attached ribbon to the back with hot glue.

The project could be made simpler by just painting on white paper, or as elaborate as doing it on an artist canvas. That is what is so great about projects like this…you just can’t mess it up!

This Crafty Corner post was written by Ashley, you can visit her at her blog, Sugar & Spice Mommy. Thanks Ashley for sharing this great craft idea!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! Love it! Thanks.

Mozi Esme said...

Very pretty - I like it!

Becca said...

oh! for sure we are gonna do this one for daddy's v-day gift. thanks for sharing :)

Sarah Mae said...

Love this! I'm going to do this my girl today - thank you!

Unknown said...

Very cute - can't wait to do this one with all my little hearts!

Blessings,
Jill

Carissa Blanchard said...

That's really cute! I love anything pink and red!! We'll try it next week for sure! Thanks!
~CariSSa

Laura said...

Wow! A little ribbon goes a long way! That looks great. I like the way you transform your tot's art into "Art".

aimee said...

My children did this last night...and they had so much fun..we painted hearts on white wrapping paper and I am using the precious painted wrapping paper to wrap their boxes that they will use at school to put their valentines in that they get from their classmates and friends....they will definately have the cutiest ones thanks to Ashley!

Courtney said...

This was so much fun, my 2 1/2 year old daughter loved it. I had her use a poster board so it was nice and big and gave her plenty of room to make lots of hearts. After she finished her painting we hung it up in her play/school room, she was pretty ecited about that. Great idea for a fun and easy craft.