I am not a measurement type of girl, so I will do the best I can to share my *recipe* :). First, I always use my Bullet-I couldn't live without this thing. Some people use a blender-for me it was too much hassle. The Bullet made my life so much easier (I also make chilled coffee drinks for myself in it, oh yeah and homemade baby food). Into my Bullet goes:
- Vanilla (or Plain) Yogurt-preferably organic, low sugar, etc.
- 1 Banana-adds the sweetness to cover up whatever I hide :)
- Berries-fresh or frozen (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Kiwi-if we have them
- Orange Juice-just a little bit, and only sometimes, this is not an always ingredient for us.
- Flaxseed Meal or Raw Whole Flaxseed-(ground the raw kind in the bullet right before I mix it in)
- VEGGIES!!!! I have successfully snuck in peas, broccoli, sweet potatoes, carrots, and more!
Before I add the veggies in, I just cook them however I would if I were to serve them as cooked veggies. Sometimes I am ahead of the game and have cubes pre-made (same as home-made baby food cubes), and I will just thaw 1 for the smoothie that day. The key is to not overload the veggies, they have to stay a SECRET!!! Look, he's clueless!!!!
Please read our Did You Know-disclaimer here.