blank
blank

Compassion

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crafty Corner ~ Watercolor Valentines

After reading I Love You More Than Rainbows we made our own I Love You More Than Rainbows Valentines cards for the grandparents! To Make Water Color Rainbow Valentines Cards...

Need:
  • Cardstock (I used greeting card kind so they were already perforated)
  • Watercolor Paint (I used our fave kind, it's so bold and not at all like regular watercolor paint. Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes-They are kinda expensive but well worth it, we've had them for 6 months now and it doesn't even look like we've used them and believe me... my 2 girls love this paint!)
  • Paintbrushes, spray bottle

To Make:

Give your LO their cardstock or watercolor paper and let them spray it with water to get the paper ready for the paint (here she is reappyling water to her painting).

Let them paint away and make pretty rainbows paper ( as my LO called it), let dry.
Cookie Cutter Hearts...

Need:
  • Paint
  • Heart cookie cutters
  • Watercolor paintings

To Make:

Get your paint ready and place your cookie cutter heart so it is coated in the paint, then let your LO stamp hearts on their painting, let dry.

Here are our finished cards! Can you believe that is watercolor paint? I'm telling you this paint is the BEST!!!! We use it LOTS!!!! On the Back of the Valetines card, I wrote " I Love You More Than Rainbows" Love: then my LO's name and I dated it!

This Crafty Corner post was written by Shannon, you can visit her at her blog, Teaching Tinytots. Thanks Shannon for sharing this great craft idea!

4 comments:

The Runyans said...

carisa. . .
this is just such an amazing resource for toddler parents!

you are so talented!

Unknown said...

Another awesome craft idea!

Our children will love this one too!

Thanks Carisa! FYI - we are loving the 1 Cor. poster - the teachings and heart growth has been great to see around here!

Love,
Jill

Becca said...

these are SO pretty!

Laura said...

Those turned out so nice. Thanks so much for sharing!