blank
blank

Compassion

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Terrific Tot Sites ~ File Folder Fun


This is a great new site -File Folder Fun- all focused on File Folder Games...if you're not familiar with this concept, let me explain a bit...

A File Folder game is simply a game/activity all enclosed into a file folder. This makes for easy storage. You print the templates for the activities and then create your own folder for your tot to use! Here's a photo of one of ours which I made for Krash from this site (found on this page of the site)...
In my folder you'll see 3 holes punched, that's because I store ours in a big 3-ring binder. Also I add paper clips to the folder graphics, so he can slide the match in without it falling/sliding out.

The best place to begin on this site is with their folders for pre-school aged children. These would be great for your tots ages 2 and up, if they are able and enjoy working with things like this. Some 2 yr olds will be too young for this, some will be totally into it! As always, make one and try it, see what your tot thinks! If it doesn't go over well, try again several weeks later.

You can also search the site by subject, and can even join their member's forum if you really like it! I am a member there and have loved the neat ideas that are shared! Once in the member's area, you can also see this page which gives links to other neat places on the web to find File Folder resources. And finally, there's also a section that's entirely Bible themed!

Hope you enjoy this Terrific Tot Site! To see more featured sites, click here!

6 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Thank you for sharing this Carisa. I am going to check out the site now, and I love the storage idea!

Jolanthe said...

love file folder games - have to check this one out!

Jolanthe

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the link! I've thought I will have to do all the templates for our daughter myself but now I am aware of a great site! It is also useful as on the basis of some templates new ideas can be born :)

Heather said...

This is one of my favorite sites too! File Folder games are a fun way to learn.

Karin Katherine said...

Thanks so much for sharing this resource. We have recently discovered the joys of file folder games in our homeschool. I cannot wait to check out this website.

Valerie McClintick said...

Hey There Carisa!

You're so sweet to feature our site! I love that Krash is enjoying his Dinosaur game :)

Congratulations on your web-success! It's very exciting to check in every day to see whats new!

In Christ,

Valerie